More companies are changing their tone towards animal rights as organizations from the Humane Society to PETA are highlighting what is going in the products you eat and fashion you wear. The Responsible Down Standard (RDS), which has raised awareness about what is happening to geese as their down is harvested for winter apparel and bedding, is one of the more recent initiatives underway. Allied Feather & Down is currently the largest RDS-certified supplier on the market, and this year it has made several industry moves. The latest is its announcement that 10 brands are now sourcing the company’s down, including The North Face and Eddie Bauer.
- Tested Tough | Tracing the ECO Down Jacket
- ISEAL welcomes Textile Exchange as Associate Member
- United Colors of Benetton earns RDS certification
- At Outdoor Retailer show, Allied Feather and Down emerges as full-spectrum ambassador for integrity of nature, environmental conservation
- Most-Sustainable Gear? German Brand A ‘Quiet Leader’