- Responsible Down Standard 3.0 (PDF)
- RDS 3.0 Transition Policy (PDF)
- RDS 3.0 Certification Procedures (PDF)
- RDS 3.0 User Manual (PDF) – New!
RDS 3.0 User Manual Translations
Previous Version of the Standard
- Responsible Down Standard 2.0 (PDF)
- RDS Implementation Manual (PDF)
- RDS Logo Use and Claim Guide 2.1 (PDF)
- TE Multiple Certification Policy (PDF)
- Content Claim Standard (PDF)
Translated Versions of RDS 2.0
Textile Exchange uses a public multi-stakeholder approach to developing and revising our standards.
We want to help you communicate about your use of the Responsible Down Standard. Check out the resources below for the information you’re looking for:
- Introduction to RDS 3.0 (PDF) – An introduction to the newly revised Standard.
- Quick Guide to the RDS (PDF) – talking points for the use of down and feathers in your products and what is covered by the RDS.
For more information that can easily be shared with your customers, refer to https://responsibledown.org.
It may seem like a daunting task to undertake a full supply chain standard. It’s important to know as much as possible before you get started. The toolkits below are designed to get you started on the path to certifying your supply chain, or getting certified yourself.
- Brand Toolkit (PDF) – This brief training guide lists the first steps to using the RDS for your products. Find out how to plan, execute and get the most from RDS certification.
- Supplier Toolkit (PDF) – Suppliers are absolutely crucial to RDS. Learn how to plan RDS certification, save time and money through the process, and communicate your certification with your buyers.
Textile Exchange has hosted several webinars over the first months of the Responsible Down Standard to explain how it works and how adoption of the standard works. Take a look at the archive to learn more about the RDS and certification in general.
Introduction to RDS 3.0 (July 2019)
Responsible Down Standard Update (December 2015)
The TE Responsible Down Standard:
What it Does, and What You Can Do (October 2014)
An Introduction to the Responsible Down Standard
Support from Textile Exchange
Whether you are looking to develop a sustainable sourcing policy, wanting to education yourself more on the issues related to materials and processing, or wanting help in implementing your certification strategy, Textile Exchange can offer you plenty of information and support. Please visit our website or contact us at Integrity@TextileExchange.org.