Responsible Down Standard Revision: Public Stakeholder Draft Consultation
Participation in the Public Stakeholder Draft Consultation is now closed. Public feedback is an important part of the revision of the Responsible Down Standard. Public Stakeholders were given the opportunity to view the list of proposed changes and provide feedback directly to the International Working Group. This feedback is being reviewed and taken into consideration by the members of the International Working Group. The Public Stakeholder Draft Consultation was open from December 18, 2018 until February 28, 2019.
Instructions for the Public Stakeholder Draft Consultation
- Download and carefully review the List of Proposed Changes (English and Chinese).
- Download a copy of the RDS DRAFT FEEDBACK FORM and fill in with your comments or suggestions.
- Email the completed RDS FEEDBACK FORM to ResponsibleDown@TextileExchange.org no later than February 28, 2019.
A Summary of all collected feedback and how it was incorporated will be available to everyone that has submitted feedback. This document will be made available following the release of the revised standard.
In the List of Proposed Changes, you will find references to terms, practices, or concepts that may be unfamiliar. We have included the following documents to provide some helpful context:
- Infra-red Bill Trimming
- Stunning before Slaughter
- Parent Farm Observation
- Voluntary Supply Chain Disclosure
You will also find mentions of Reference Documents related to some requirements. Drafts of these documents are available to help provide some context and explanation of intent. These documents are not final and will likely change prior to the release of the standard.