Responsible Down Standard 3.0 – Released!
Textile Exchange announces the release of the Responsible Down Standard (RDS), version 3.0
. This signifies the most substantial revision since the 2014 launch of the Standard, that presently covers more than 500 million birds.
Key Changes to the Standard, include:
- Euthanasia of sick or inured birds in order to prevent suffering is now mandatory on the farm.
- Stunning before slaughter is now mandatory at the slaughter site.
- Stronger criteria related to handling, record keeping, and training of workers.
- Observation of parent farms in industrial goose supply chains are now required, where the highest risk of live-plucking occurs.
- All minor requirements are now mandatory (previously only 50% were required).
- Restructuring of the document to provide clearer guidance for farms, suppliers, brands, and certification bodies.
Industry Impact from the Responsible Down Standard:
You can find a copy of the updated Standard online here
Join us for a webinar on Wednesday, July 31 2019 at 7am PST/ 9am CT/ 3pm GMT to introduce the newly revised Responsible Down Standard and have your questions answered.